10-03-2020 Futsal 2 hours

DAILY RECORD OF VISIT TO THE PLACEMENT

Date: 10-03-2020
Group or individual with whom I worked: Marjon Mens’ Futsal Society

BEFORE my placement …

What am I aiming to achieve from my placement today? What do I need to be mindful of? What issues/questions need to be addressed to ensure I achieve my aim? Do I need to be aware of particular theories, or have particular skills? Have I thought about all of the ‘what ifs’?

Today from placement I want to develop my understanding and importance of Prehab being integrated into a team’s yearlong sessions. This is as certain sports such as Futsal you are more likely to be subjected to more injuries such as ACL injuries due to the amount you plant and twist in Futsal to get the ball. Meaning that ACL prehab I very important for Futsal players.

DURING my placement …

What did I notice happening around me today? What was I thinking and feeling? How was I involved? Did I do anything to intervene and change the situation that I found myself in e.g. how I conveyed a point or whether I decided not to do something I had planned to do? Did my reflections at the time change the session I had planned or my actions?

Today I was thinking about additional ACL prehab exercises that could be used instead of the ones we were doing in the session such as VMO dips and Nordic curls to strengthen the areas. Everything went well and everything went according to plan, it is still important for the team leading the session to have backups for when situations and group size is different to normal.

AFTER my placement … (based on the Gibbs (1988) Reflective Cycle)

Describe the activities you undertook whilst on placement today. Set the context, what you did and what happened.

Today at placement I was responsible for aiding in running a strength and conditioning session for the team that was based in agility. The main thing that I was responsible for was the spotting of players when they were doing exercises.

Document how you felt through-out your placement today. Were you anxious, confident, pleased or disappointed?

Today at placement I was pleased with how it went and this lead to me being more confident as I continue to strengthen my skills as a therapist.