15-03-2020 Futsal match 4 hours

DAILY RECORD OF VISIT TO THE PLACEMENT

Date: 15-03-2020
Group or individual with whom I worked: Marjon Men’s Futsal game

BEFORE my placement …

What am I aiming to achieve from my placement today? What do I need to be mindful of? What issues/questions need to be addressed to ensure I achieve my aim? Do I need to be aware of particular theories, or have particular skills? Have I thought about all of the ‘what ifs’?

Today from placement I want to further my pitch side experience as the team I work with are playing their first friendly game. I need to be mindful of how nervous some of the players maybe and how this will affect their reaction to potential injuries.

DURING my placement …

What did I notice happening around me today? What was I thinking and feeling? How was I involved? Did I do anything to intervene and change the situation that I found myself in e.g. how I conveyed a point or whether I decided not to do something I had planned to do? Did my reflections at the time change the session I had planned or my actions?

Today at placement I saw how everyone was very nervous as this was a new experience for them. For me I found it less nerve racking because of my previous experience in pitch side with football and tennis teams. This means that I can be a calmer voice over all of people involved and ensure that everything goes to plan.

AFTER my placement … (based on the Gibbs (1988) Reflective Cycle)

Describe the activities you undertook whilst on placement today. Set the context, what you did and what happened.

Today at placement I did some pre-game strapping massage and stretching on individual players before I lead a warmup for the entire group which included a pulse raiser, stretching specific muscle groups and finally sport specific drills. Through the game I had to strap a few ankles, but no injury required the player to sit out for the rest of the game. Finally, after the game I did a cooldown to aid with the removal of lactic acid.

Document how you felt through-out your placement today. Were you anxious, confident, pleased or disappointed?

Today at placement I felt confident in the fact that I could deal with any situation that arises with an injury and throughout the entire session I was pleased with how I conducted myself.