Reflective Placement Learning Journal

ABOUT MY PLACEMENT
Only complete this section once, you will probably want to make this your Edublogs home page.

Name of placement organisation: Marjon Sports Federation

Name of Placement Supervisor: Kathryn Kearney and Lauren West

Overall aim of placement: To gain more experience in the sports industry and see what it takes to run sporting events and teams at the university level.

Subsequent aims of placement:

You may wish to add more.

Objective 1: Be able to run an event at Marjon effectively. e.g Intramural football.

Objective 2: Help to run and be apart of an big sporting event. e.g Varsity.

Objective 3: Increase participation within female sport and physical activity.

Reflection 

It was a real shame when my placement with the sports federation was cut short. As a department we had everything planned and really for our two big events of the year, varsity and sports awards. I was looking forward to have a real role at this years varsity and just being one of the people who was in charge and was there to help people. Hopefully that could happen next year.

I was happy with how the year went, I felt that I was really contributing to the sports federation and to sport at Marjon. I had a number of different activities and events that I was apart of, these stem from charity events and helping out the BUCS teams. From looking at my weekly dairy some went better than others. That was the part that was hard for me, I put on these fun inclusive sporting activities for everyone at Marjon to take part in and I wouldn’t get a lot of participants. I was glad that my supervisors Kathryn and Lauren were really good at telling me not to get down when this happens and it is always a learning process. This also shows me the real ties of the job. I am hoping to continue with my placement into the next academic year and I can grow in a professional manner. I want to extend my responsibilities further, I had a focus with the male football club however I want to do the same with more of Marjon’s sports clubs.

Hours completed: 60