Session Three

STYC01 Clinical Reflections

Date Location Total Amount of Hours Overview of Session
28/01/19 Marjon Clinic 1 Hour In this session I massaged my clients Quads for 1 hour in the sports massage clinic, his quads have been tight ever since sustaining a level 2 tear of his left bicep femoris.
Reflective Summary    Areas for further Improvement plus action plan
During the massage today I massaged my client’s quads as after since sustaining a level 2 tear of his left bicep femoris they had become tight due to the lack of exercise the client had been doing.  I confirmed which medium the client would prefer me to use, in this case that was bees wax as the client had been massaged using this medium before.

I consistently ensured that the pressure I am using is ok with the client which in this case was a little soft so I so I increased the pressure I was using. When finding knots I changed the pressure from a wide spread pressure to a pin point pressure focusing on the knot.

Massaging this client’s quads has helped me improve my use of my forearm to complete massage techniques and build confidence in using my forearm and elbow. At the end of the massage I asked the client for there feedback and if that had any recommendations for things I could do in the future, to which the client responded by saying they were very happy with the massage and the way I changed the pressure when required.

After completing the massage, I need to make sure that I thoroughly wipe down the bed because this will ensure the next client has a clean bed. When I have finished massaging the client, I need to remember to replace any medium that I have used the last of this will help the next massage therapist in their preparation.

Returning to reflections at a later date
Things to remember:

1.     Clean down the bed thoroughly

2.     Replace medium when it is finished

For office use only: