Shakespeare 20/04/2018

Shakespeare Primary School

20/04/2018

The first day at new school, got all my inspace sorted out and am ready!

7:30 am – Arrive at Shakespeare to meet Elaine. She shows me around the school, introduces me to other staff and briefs me about health and safety and what we will be doing today.

8:00 am – get into the classroom and set up, get books out etc.

8:30 am – Students come into class ready for the day. Elaine introduces me to the students and tells them what I’m doing etc. we start the day with mental maths and looking over homework, I’m sat next to a girl called Ruby, who is capable of more if she tried. My job was to push her and see if we can get the best potential out of her.

9:30 am –  Maths, they focused on fractions, specifically adding and subtracting fractions, a lot of my table found this hard and needed my help to get started. Once I explained it they had a better understanding.

10:30 am – Break

11:00 am – English, they looked at making sentences using their environment, I sat on a table of girls who were well behaved and seemed on track to hitting curriculum guidelines. I helped a few with spelling and other grammatical things. They had to use senses: smell, sound… to describe the room. They did it quite well.

12:00 am – Lunch, play football with a group of boys. Made the goals out of jumpers, haven’t done that in a long time!

1:00 pm – Assembly

2:00 pm – Science, they looked at the digestive system like what I did at Bishop, but more basic, I helped a young boy label the diagram of the digestive system and taught him what function our stomach does. We watch a YouTube clip of pig intestines and a lot of them found it interesting, a lot also screamed.

3:30 pm – Home