Shakespeare 24/04/2018

Shakespeare Primary School

24/04/2018

7:30 am – Arrive at Shakespeare

8:00 am – get into classroom and set up, get books out etc.

8:30 am – Students come in to class ready for the day.

9:30 am – Maths – today we did adding and subtracting fractions, a lot of students found this hard and got easily confused. I worked with someone who should be gifted and talented but was underachieving. They were getting in trouble a lot and found it frustrating at times. I was working with them today and gave them some 121. I could see the potential in them. In the lessons, they understood quickly and could get on with the work with my presents there allowing them not to become distracted. I think I will work close to this student during my time here.

10:30 am – Break

11:00 am – English – The students today were writing descriptive sentences using inverted clauses. I worked with a table who understood quite quickly and could show understanding, I moved on to another table who were struggling. I found that I could easily explain what to do and the students found it much easier after I explained it to them. That surprised me because I always thought I was never that good at explain tasks.

12:00 am – Lunch

1:00 pm – Assembly I stayed in the classroom cleaning up

2:00 pm – Science – The digestive system! Really fun activity where we made poo! Using bread, banana and fairy liquid (saliva) and used a plastic bag with lemon juice to represent the stomach and the acid. After that we put the contents of the bag in tights to represent the large intestine taking out the moisture of the poo, then we cut a hole out the bottom and pooed out a poo. The students loved this! They then had to write what they just watched us do and talk about the digestive system using key words. I think I might design a lesson plan to do with the digestive system

3:30 pm – Home