Shakespeare 11/05/2018 – Last day

Shakespeare Primary School

11/05/2018

7:30 am – Arrive at Shakespeare.

8:00 am – get into the classroom and set up, get books out etc. Talk about my time with Elaine and she suggests for me to come back next year. She says she is really impressed with me and has had amazing feedback about me.

8:30 am – Students come into class ready for the day.

9:30 am –  Maths – today’s focus, telling the time! A lot of students struggled with this, and I was really busy with all students. Various mistakes would occur during this lesson, and I helped them try and understand. They started off with doing time on the whiteboard with the teacher, she showed them the basics e.g. big hand means minutes and small hand means hour etc. I did not work in a specific area, but more moved when anyone neede my help. I helped 1 girl draw on the hand of the clock, she understood this much easier than saying the time.

10:30 am – Break

11:00 am – History – Vikings – the students had to make posters of information that they had on screen about Vikings. That had to choose a topic e.g. religion and then take notes of any time on the board religion came up, they would then put that information on the poster. I hovered about, helping with drawing and ideas of how they could lay the workout.

12:00 am – Lunch, play football with a group of boys. Made the goals out of jumpers, haven’t done that in a long time!

1:00 pm – Assembly

2:00 pm – Back at the posters again, this was very quiet time, I think the majority of the students were tired and just wanted to go home, they completed their poster without much fuss in the second hour.

3:30 pm – Home