Rehearsals

The past week has been very busy getting ready for Emma’s assessment next week and our assessment the week after. We have worked more on all the scenes and getting the transitions between these as slick as we can. This meant bringing in some extras to help us move set and such. I think that this has been useful because not only have we got helpers to make the transitions better there are also more eyes in the space who are able to give us feedback on the scenes which for me personally is equally important. I like to get peer feedback because it gives me the criticism I need to kick myself into gear and give a better performance so I have found this really useful that I can ask these people for their opinions when they are in the room with us.

I have also spent quite a bit of time this week learning lines which surprisingly I have found difficult, especially with the second scene. I used my usual method to learn lines which is to record all of the cue lines with gaps in which allows me to say lines however I had a lot of issues with remembering what my lines actually were which is something I have not experienced in a while. I think I have been struggling because there is so much going on at the moment it is just another thing on the list and unfortunately I cannot switch my brain off and just think of this. In order to help me to start cementing the lines, I plan to spend some time with Ryan doing connection exercises and saying the lines together in the hope that it starts to cement itself in my brain. I hope that within the next couple of days I will be more confident with my lines and ready to smash the performance for Emma’s assessment!