Futsal Level 1 and Devon Ability Games

Futsal Level 1

On the 18th of February I applied through the university to be apart of the Futsal Level 1 course. I wanted to take part in it because I have not got any qualifications in sport yet and this was a really good opportunity for me to gain one. Go Active who are my placement provider said doing something like this is highly desirable as a coach. The breakdown of the day consisted of a insight into the background to futsal and how important futsal has been for developing players pathways. It also highlighted the pathways you can take if you want to pursue futsal further and how transferable the fundamentals are. The rest of the day looked at certain drills and plays in order to broaden our knowledge for coaching futsal, we learnt the rules and scoring system which was accompanied by us having a go at a standard game before spending the final half hour recalling why we do certain things in futsal. As a whole it was really good to see how much goes into a coaching course along with the background and rules. Taking part in the day has made me realise they it would be highly beneficial for my coaching if I got more level 1s in sport.

Devon Ability Games

On the 6th of February I was allowed to coach at the Devon ability games. My role for the day was to coach street surfing. The Devon ability games is a festival where children with special needs come and take part in a competition/taster day where the sport has been altered to allow everyone to take part. When I arrived with the other coaches we were welcomed with a routine from the children in the sports complex as this the traditional way of beginning the day. For the rest of the day I was positioned outside with the street surfing boards and I ended up coaching 300+ children on street surfing , a lot of them had disabilities which partially stopped them from taking part but with help from teaching assistants and carers I was able to escort these children around the playground and it was so worth it to see the smiles on their face because they would not normally get the chance to take part in something like this. Doing this for the whole day filled me with so much joy because their desire to play sport and take part was admirable and I was just so happy to be apart of it.

Powered by: Wordpress
Skip to toolbar