Placement 30-1-19 (4 hours)

Mount Charles

Feeling good about today’s session. I am always filled with confidence when the week before goes so well. So far on my placement I do not think I have had a major obstacle to tackle which has been fine but you sort of want something to proper test you at times to see if you can react to it. So far I have been going into schools and delivering my session plan my way and so far it has gone down really well, I enjoy the fact that I am the person solely in control of the session and determine everything that goes on once the session begins.

Year 3 

My year 3 class were split up today because some of them were on a school trip for outdoor education. So in turn had a smaller group to work with but sort of worked in my favour for today because it gave everyone a chance that was there to have lots of goes with the session (see below). The session did not incorporate anything obscure in terms of fundamentals they have not touched on but I made the drills to factor in a fun element so we were covering teachings points and also enjoying it at the same time. Like I said a few weeks ago, my philosophy of teaching is based around enjoyment but also making sure I cover teaching points and fusing them together is my forte.

Year 4

Same as the year 3 class where half the group was missing. At the start I questioned the group about what we have learned so far and also recap the rules on how to score along with how we are allowed to pass and move so the fundamentals are fresh in their minds. Trying things like relays and having that competitive aspect really improves the engagement of a group I believe. Those that were still struggling to understand some of the rules I would pull them to one side and just go through it with them on a one to one basis.

After school club

I thought I would mix up the after school club a little bit and instead of just playing matches I wanted to use a little bit of my experience and add an element of competition. I had everyone one side of the court and I brought in lots of hoops and placed them the other side and gave the hoops lots of different values which was really popular with everyone as they were using what I taught them to play the game and seeing them hit the targets gave them so much satisfaction.

Session Plan

4. Tchoukball

Powered by: Wordpress
Skip to toolbar