Placement 6-2-2019 (4 hours)

Mount Charles

Year 3

The aim for the session today (See below) was being able to play a game of tchoukball correctly and being a team player. When the Year 3’s arrived I got them to recite the rules to me in order to see if everyone was on the same page before we started. Once we got into the game I would take players out individually and give them individual challenges for the game they are in. This was a new approach I was taking, instead of challenging the whole group or smaller groups I would just speak to children one at a time and try and let them get something out of the game that was not just winning.

Year 4

Year 4’s session was a complete carbon copy of the first session. I would ask individuals could they make 5 interceptions before we changed teams or could we set up at least 3 goals in a match. Adding things like this just give the session that extra spark, they all still want to win and adding this improves their skill capability.

After school club

I thought about using the same tactic for my badminton after school club where I would challenge each person but in a badminton scenario. Again I had two groups, one group where they are capable of starting a rally and the other group are the ones who struggle with the fundamentals. I would challenge the more capable ones and say “can you perform a drop shot to win a point” and the not so competent ones I would ask “can we perform a correct serve” on the basis that I was challenging them all to differing degrees.

Session plan

5. Tchoukball –

Powered by: Wordpress
Skip to toolbar