27/02/2020- 2 hours

Thursday night training session at South Dartmoor Community College for age groups U7’s, U8’s, U9’s and U10’s.

Today I had one client booked in at the physio room, a client I had seen on Monday. I massage his right quadriceps (mainly his rectus femoris) but due to not being able to undertake the pressure from the massage I had to stop. The pressure was hurting him and I didn’t want to cause him any more pain. I asked him to apply heat when he is at home as this will help with warming up the muscle by increasing the blood flow. Increasing the blood flow allows the muscle to replenish and aid tissue healing where needed. This injury happened 3 weeks ago, and he is getting fed up (so is his dad) that he can not train as it is causing him pain. I applied K-tape up the middle side of his leg (along his MCL). I have mentioned that I will email his dad over some exercises and stretches that he can perform at home, and maybe this will help rehabilitate his injury back to normal so he can get back to playing football again.

After my client I went up to the Astroturf and assisted with the cool down stretches.