09/03/2021- 1.5 hours

Today I had a video call with one of the parents from my placement regarding their sons injury. I discussed with her son about the injury and asked questions related to this injury trying to get the background of the player and how the injury occurred. Throughout my video call I felt confident in my knowledge of questions that needed to be asked, and felt professional in giving advice where needed. After the video call had ended, I then went on to create a small rehabilitation programme that the player can perform at home with assistance of his parent. This programme has two sections; first section being isometric training to be performed for the first week and then to report back to me to tell me how it went, how he felt and whether there was any pain whilst doing these exercises. I feel like this would be beneficial for myself and for the athlete as then they can then gain further advice and feel supported throughout his rehabilitation process. Staying connected with my clients is the best way to gain the trust between therapist and patient as then when the trust is built they will feel more relaxed.

Next time I would like to make sure the questions that I prepare is in the correct order of how I want the assessment to run. Throughout the video call I would have to bounce back and forth to each question making sure that the video call ran smoothly.

Here you will find the rehabilitation programme: Shoulder Rehabilitation Programme

Lum, D., & Barbosa, T. M. (2019). Brief Review: Effects of Isometric Strength Training on Strength and Dynamic Performance. International Journal of Sports Medicine, 40(6), 363-375.

Rehabilitation program of the shoulder. (2021, January 2). Physiopedia, . Retrieved 11:06, March 9, 2021 from https://www.physio-pedia.com/index.php?title=Rehabilitation_program_of_the_shoulder&oldid=263863.