08/05/2021- 3 Hours

Saturday Morning Pitch Side- Torquay Academy

Today I travelled to Torquay Academy for an U11’s game.

Prior to the game, I ensured one of the players were pain free due to an ongoing heel pain. He already had K-Tape on before arriving to the game, and has his gel heel insoles to provide a slight heel lift in order to reduce the pressure on his achilles.

Within the first 10 minutes of the game starting, one player came off the pitch injured due to physical contact from another player onto the top of his foot. I assessed his ROM and provided an ice pack to apply to his foot to help relieve the pain. He told me that his pain was a 5/10 on the NRPS (numerical rating pain scale). After 10 minutes of the ice pack being on, his pain had reduced to a 2/10, and was wanting to continue playing in the 2nd quarter.

The last quarter, the football hit a player in the face causing a small nose bleed. I provided general first aid by cleaning his face and getting the player to pinch his nose using a gauze to stop the bleeding.

Overall it was a quiet day being on pitch side however, giving everything that occurred I feel like I provided my skills in the correct manner with confidence and professionalism.

At the end of the game I took the players for a cool down ensuring they were stretched prior to heading home.