26/03/2021- 1 hour

Todays hour consisted of CPD (Continuing Professional Development) through my placement. The first half hour consisted of learning about a procedure that all coaches needed to understand due to an athletes health condition. Within this half hour I learnt about epilepsy and what to do if this particular child had a seizure. This was a precaution due to the athletes seizures usually occur during the night, however due to this athlete attending my placements programme we needed to ensure we knew the steps to follow just in case. After this half hour of learning I feel confident that I understand what to do if this situation ever occurs.

The next half hour consisted of discussing the plan for return to play, due to Covid-19 lockdown restrictions being lifted from the 29th March. We discussed what the Covid regulations are and what we need to follow to ensure everyone, including parents, are socially distant, keeping safe and making sure all of the athletes who are returning are having fun!

I am super excited to get back on the pitch and having some sort of normality back!