20/04/2021- 3 Hours

Today,  I “worked” from home, creating and providing rehabilitation programmes for athletes who were injured yesterday at Ashburton Regional Training Session.

For the first hour I created a rehabilitation programme for an athlete who is suffering/complaining of calf pain. This rehabilitation plan was created for the first week to be performed every day to help reduce the tension in this athletes calf’s and to help strengthen the muscles/tendons. Calf pain exercises.

For the second hour I then created a plan for another athlete who I had seen previously for heel pain. He is now complaining of knee pain so I have advised more exercises to be performed at home to help reduce the pain in his knees as well as his heels. These injuries are very common in young boys whilst they are hitting their growth spurt age. Knee Pain

For the final hour I had a video call with a parent and an athlete in regards to a groin injury, this athlete is from the Cornwall division so the only way we could contact each other is via phone call, video call or email. We went through ranges of movement and asked the parent to apply resistance so I could check the strength. We then discussed everything else that was needed to be asked in order for myself to further give advice. I then created a rehab plan for this athlete to complete at home to help strengthen, and reduce pain that he has in the groin region. groin injury rehab

What Went Well

Today I found that programme writing to be quite fun as I research the most common exercises for each injury that can help further prevent pain and reduce the risk of re-injury. For the video call I was a little nervous but I needed to be professional as I was representing Saints Southwest and Marjon on this video call. I needed to ensure I asked all of the questions which needed to be asked, I made sure I was polite and trustworthy so they could trust that I have the athletes best interests at heart.

Next Time

Next Time, I would like to plan my video call session out properly, ensuring I have all of the questions in front of me prior to my online appointment to ensure that I do not miss anything out. I would also like to possibly discuss with the coaches in the office on Thursday to see if we could work on some business structured programmes so they are incorporated in with the Saints Southwest logo etc. And possibly be able to design some basic videos of which the athletes could follow at home prior to messaging me to book in an appointment.