23/09/2020- 3 hours

Today was the first online session with Alex (clinic supervisor) organising our booking systems and getting us up to speed with everything. I was 20 minutes late to this session as I struggled to get online, however I didn’t miss much as they were making sure everyone was online and ready to start and then started to discuss some details we needed to know before going into clinic next week. Luckily this session was recorded so I could go back to it if needed. The whole situation of organising our booking systems was a slow process as we needed to make sure everyone was up to speed as some people were missing key parts.

This whole experience was a need to know basis as i needed to learn about our new booking system and how to get around it easily. Turning up late to this online lecture effected myself and my time as I then needed to use my pare time to catch up on anything that i had missed. During this experience, at first I was confused due to not knowing what I had missed but as soon as they moved on to the next topic I was able to feel more confident and able to learn a whole new different piece of technology.

Making sure I was following every step given to set up my booking system was easy to follow but slow because other students were getting confused, due to this we had to keep going back a couple of steps in the set up process to bring them back up to speed.

Next time, I need to make sure I am on time and completely focussed to make sure the supervisor has my full attention and so I don’t miss any important information. Being on time and organised is a vital skill to have especially when working in a clinic as it will effect the other students and also my patients. This online tutorial helped give me the confidence to use the booking system correctly and accordingly, but as well as making sure I knew where to find my booked appointments easily.