28/09/2020- 3 hours

Today’s session was face-to-face in clinic. We had to make sure we followed and obeyed the one way system that has been put in place due to the government guidelines in order to get into the clinic.

To begin the session, we needed to recap all the new changes that had been put in place due to Covid-19. Learning about what we should be wearing in clinic, how they want to see us look (professional) and how we feel about these changes, of course as a group we all agreed to participate in following these rules and guidelines.

We then discussed about a case study that they had created for us. What we would need to know from this patient (subjective assessment) and what we would do with the patient (objective/treatment). This case study allowed us as a group to help each other with the correct answers, and achieve a similar approach in which we would all do with this particular patient.

Throughout this session, I learnt about some exercises that we could do for this patient just from knowing their signs and symptoms, and also learnt new and remembered some special tests that would also be correct for this patient.

At the end of the session we went round in a group and discussed the things which each of us would need/like to work on and practice. During this, I felt nervous but explained that i needed to relearn the specific special tests for each muscle group, however, once I explained what I know I needed learn, a few of the other students also agreed and said that my area of improvement was also theirs too, so this made me feel slightly relieved as I thought I was the only one.

What could have gone better was that I could have revised for this session and prepared myself by refamiliarising of everything i needed to know for in clinic treating patients. Instead of relying on other students to answer the questions, I should have tried to answer them and not be afraid to be wrong.

After this experience in the clinic i feel more confident in my ability and knowledge and feel like i am ready for next weeks online patient. Knowing my areas of improvement it certainly motivates me to relearn these and encourage myself to feel more confident in my ability.