02/11/2020- 4 hours

Today I had two clients booked in, one at 3pm and one at 5pm.

Last week I made note to myself to read upon the topic of Upper Cross Syndrome to research for my first client today. Upper Cross syndrome, in a summary, is muscle tightness in the neck, shoulders and chest in a result of poor posture (Young, 2018). For my first client, I felt confident to start as I had fully prepared for todays clients as it makes myself feel more confident throughout the appointment, I find feeling confident allows myself to relax and also the patient to feel more relaxed. As a result of my clients feeling more relaxed, they trusted me as their therapist to answer all questions i needed to ask during the subjective assessment.

For my second client, even though I was prepared for the online consultation I felt slightly nervous due to having an impression that the client knows more about his injury than I did. Due to not knowing a lot of his injury, due to the sport he participated in, I asked for assistance from my supervisor to help guide and give support. This allowed myself to feel less nervous due to the supervisor having more confidence and knowledge around the subject and injury. So for next weeks plan for my second client today I need to research more about the sport related injury and have a follow up plan ready for next weeks face-2-face appointment.

Reference:

Young, B. (2018, January 08). Upper Crossed Syndrome. Retrieved from Healthline: https://www.healthline.com/health/upper-crossed-syndrome#outlook