08/04/2021- 6 Hours

Today I drove to Coombeshead Academy in Newton Abbot for another soccer school holiday day.

Today I was with another coach and assisted him with coaching the Junior age group (7-10 year olds).

Similar layout of the day to Crediton on the 6th. I was in charge of the fun warm up game, so we played the game banana tag! The kids loved it and had so much fun but making sure they were getting warm ready for the rest of the day.

We then played a football numbers game- this encouraged the athletes to listen out for their numbers, teaches them about defending and attacking the goal and ensures they go in for a challenge/tackle!

After the fun games in the morning we then went into more football specific for the afternoon.

After lunch, there was an injury to someone’s quadriceps/groin from over stepping whilst playing football. We went through some muscle stretches and he felt the pain “disappear” so wanted to continue playing.

At the end of the day, I went through a cool down with the athletes and some stretches prior to their parents collecting them.

Today I found that I felt I little less nervous compared to the other day due to knowing more of the coaches on the day and understanding what the plan of the day is going to be.

Next time, I want to make sure the older group are warming up and cooling down before and after the day begins and ends, due to a couple of them feeling “tight” in their legs. After they had noticed that I was stretching the middle age group, a couple of them can and joined in before leaving with their parents.