21/05/2021- 3 Hours

Today I had two clients booked in to see me at Marjon Sport Clinic.

The first client was a follow up face to face appointment. Prior to this appointment I had created a plan to work with this client so I was prepared. I provided a STM on the Quad muscle as this client felt a benefit last week from a massage. I then discussed with him about him wanting an Ultrasound as a treatment, I decided not to do it this week as I discussed with him that we will try the strengthening exercises first for a couple of weeks, then if we feel the need to use an ultrasound then we will, I also discussed this with my supervisor and he agreed with me.

What Went Well

Todays appointment ran smoothly due to scheduling the appointment a little later so I had enough time to get into the client and get organised. I was also confident with that I was going to do with this client and especially more confident with talking with my client as this is a follow up appointment which I have now seen across the past 3-4 weeks. I have seen great progress with this clients injury and with the client noticing these improvements just makes me feel more confident in myself.

Next Time

Next time I would like to be able to do this appointment within the scheduled time and not run over the time. I would also like to try to fit more into the appointment rather than a massage and then exercises, however I feel like I was able to show this client how to perform these progressed exercises correctly and to see how this client performs them fully- doing all reps and sets.

The half hour between my two clients we all sat in a group and discussed the differential diagnosis which could occur in the practical exam on Wednesday, discussed as a group how we are all feeling about this exam and what we all would like to revise between now and then. I explained that I want to revise the special tests for all diagnosis and research about the differential diagnosis for lower back pain as this is the region where my weakness of knowledge lies.

My second client was passed over to me 5 minutes before his appointment so I was not very prepared for this online triage. However due to doing so many online triage appointments before I was confident in the questions I needed to ask.

What Went Well

Even though I was not able to fully prepare prior to the appointment I was able to ask all necessary questions that needed to be asked, I was also able to get a full description of what the injury could be and have a rough idea of a plan for his next appointment. I ensured the client was comfortable throughout the whole appointment.

Next Time

Next time I would like to be able to be fully prepared prior to the appointment, finding out more information from the client about their injury by emailing them before.

Overall I found today very productive and especially kept me on my toes when my second client was sprung on me last minute.