30/04/2021- 3.5 Hours

Today I had two clients booked in at Marjon Sport Clinic.

My first client was a face-to-face appointment, a follow up from last week.

Throughout this appointment I felt comfortable and confident with the advice I was giving my patient. I achieved all questions that I needed to go through for this appointment which I could not complete virtually. I asked my supervisor to come into our appointment to ensure I was completing this appointment correctly and on the correct rehabilitation path I needed to take my client on. We then went through the home based exercises which I had prescribed last week and progressed them which needed to be completed everyday until their following appointment which is next week.

What Went Well

I found that my confidence and professional approach enabled me to feel less nervous and felt calm whilst discussing with my client. My client felt relaxed and gave me brilliant verbal feedback and was impressed that I was only a student!

What Could Have Gone Better

My research for this clients injury could have gone better. I knew enough of the injury to help guide him in the correct rehabilitation path but I need to work on my red flags and ensure that I am ticking those boxes off to make sure that ny of my clients are not showing any signs of the red flags.

Next Time

Next time, I need to make sure that I cover my neurological assessment along with the other assessments I completed. I need to make sure that I don’t take the client back and forth to the cubicle and make sure that the appointment runs smoothly to ensure that the client feels comfortable. I also need to do more research on the appropriate exercises for this client and any future clients who show similar symptoms of this injury.

My second client was an online virtual appointment. Prior to this appointment I didn’t know what this client was complaining of. However, I was able to get enough information from this client to create a plan for next week as she has booked in with another student therapist due to not being available on Friday when I am available.

What Went Well

I think the appointment went smoothly as much as it could due to the internet being slow. However, I made sure the client felt comfortable throughout the appointment by listening to this client and ensuring that they had full trust in myself with their rehabilitation plan.

What Could Have Gone Better

For the future I need to make sure I am more aware of different types of clinical impressions/diagnosis’s as I find it difficult when I need to write what I think it could be. Especially when discussing it with my supervisor, they ask me why I think it is this injury and I have nothing to back it up. So I need to make sure that I do more research on how to diagnose an injury.

Next Time

Next time, I would like to be able to have full confidence in myself when giving a clinical diagnosis/impression.