18/05/2021- 3 Hours

Today consisted of messaging parents about the injuries which occurred yesterday (17/05/2021). I sent to one parent stretches which their child could do in regards to their groin pain (groin injury rehab stretches and exercises). I then messaged a parent checking up on a player who hit their head against a goal post yesterday, checking to see how he was feeling today.

I then had a zoom video call with an athlete and parent from Taunton squad regarding their shoulder. They had dislocated their shoulder a couple of weeks ago and were after some advice for strengthening exercises. I assess their ROM and noticed that they had some ROM but not full. So i focused these HBE to increase their ROM and then will give progressions in 1-2 weeks depending on their improvements.

I was a little nervous about this zoom call as I have not had much experience regarding shoulder dislocations, however due to the client having a limited ROM I felt confident in providing range of movement exercises to help increase that. I will then do some extra research around shoulder dislocations and to see which way is the best possible route for strengthening exercises.