12/10/2020- 3 hours

My client from last week had cancelled their booking due to them falling ill. So during this time I discussed with my supervisor what my plan would have been with this client. After a lot of discussion I found that my plan was a little too basic and I need to do more further reading about rehabilitation protocols and programmes. My supervisor suggested I read Sherry and Best 2004 this is because they discuss various measures of hamstring rehab. Due to how I felt after last weeks online consultation I made sure during this time I had spare in the clinic, I was fully prepared with what I was going to ask and do with my client. Before my online consultation, I decided to email my patient to ask what the injury was and to let me know anything just in case I needed to gain some advice before hand.

During this appointment I felt more confident with asking them the questions I needed to and getting them up on their feet and go through the objective assessment correctly. With being prepared for this appointment it allowed me to be confident which also helped keep myself and my client feel relaxed throughout.

Today’s clinic session went really well, especially with the note taking and making sure I had asked everything I needed to. Due to not missing anything with my client today, the next person to see my client will be able to just proceed to the next steps as they were not available on the Monday when I am in clinic due to work commitments so having the notes all up to date with everything that was covered with this client was vital as then it saves the next therapist of going through all of those questions again.

Areas of improvement this week will be to ensure I can correctly and confidently prescribe the correct exercises of which my client can work on to help with the recovery of the injury to help repair and strengthen.