15/04/19- Sports Massage Clinic

15/04/19

Sports Massage Clinic

1 hour

What happened during this session:

During this session, I massaged the same client as I had on the 08/04/19 session. Their flexibility in their legs has increased massively over the week and the shoulder mobility as improved causing them less pain than last recorded on 08/04/19. During this session, after a conversation with the client and what they felt was causing them the most pain, we focused on the legs only this session massaging the quadriceps group and the hamstrings. During this session, I spent 10 minutes on each quadricep group and 10 minutes on each hamstring group totaling to 40 minutes of massage on this clients leg. I then went to perform an MET with the client to target the hamstrings using a SLR position and raising the leg to as high as they could go keeping the knee extending and then pushing against me for 10 seconds at 30-40% of their maximal strength relaxing for 5 seconds and repeating 3 times at a new bind each time allowing the leg to stretch to a new maximum. This massage session including the MET and clean down procedure finished 15 minutes early which the client was not happy about as they thought it included an hour session as I’ve had poor timekeeping in the following weeks running out of tie and working as close to the hour as possible in the previous session they were surprised that the session was cut short.

Areas for improvement:

During this session as I only focused on legs, I had 15 minutes to spare at the end. This was an issue as the client thought they had an hour session with this I could have performed another MET or was better at timekeeping and extended the massage slightly on each leg. This will allow me to complete this session as close to an hour of massage as possible and still have time to clean down the client and the equipment used in the time allocated for this client. I can improve this by planning the timings of the session before seeing the client as I will know each week what I will be needing to do for the treatment of this client.