18/02/2020- Argaum, Placement- Training- 1.5hrs

During this session, I spent 1.5 hours in the training clinic. Numbers for training were low this evening so not many people turned up to the pre-training clinic. One client that I dealt with had injured their knee in a previous game and this was the first chance they had to come down to the clinic. Upon assessing this player he was still experiencing pain weeks after the game and therefore I started with special tests for the knee which concluded with positive tests in the Valgus stress test, McMurray’s, Apley’s and Thessaly’s test suggesting MCL injury and/or Meniscus tear. I consulted with my supervisor and we both agreed it was best to go get it checked out and scanned by a doctor to determine the grade of injury and then we can start rehabilitation as soon as possible.

Areas for improvement:

Although I know what I am doing when it comes to subjective and objective assessments, I did not feel confident today and had to consult with my supervisor. When I did they confirmed what I had already found and that I was correct so for future I need to stop doubting myself and stick to what I know. If I need the supervisor’s help or advice that’s okay, however, I need to stop relying on them if I want to improve.