My CV- updated 25/03/2021

NATALIE WAYNE

CONTACT

Address: 11 The Saddle, Paignton, Devon, TQ4 6NQ

Phone: 07415848606

Email: nataliewayne98@icloud.com

Professional Summary:

Sports Therapist (soon to be qualified sports rehabilitator) with a Strong background in First aid and customer care. Proficient in exercise proscription and demonstration, leadership, teamwork and organisation. With a passion for health and wellness of myself and others driven and determined to achieve the highest possible outcome of every situation.

EDUCATION:

Bachelor of Science: Expected May 2021
Sport and Exercise Rehabilitation BSc (Hons) at Plymouth Marjon University

Extended National Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science (July 2018):
Completed Education at South Devon College successfully securing a triple distinction star (D*D*D*) grade.

GCSE’s at Brixham college (July 2015)
Completed secondary Education with 7 B grades, 5 C grades and 3 D grades including B grades in English, Maths and Science and a Distinction in ICT.

WORK HISTORY:

Sports Therapist (10/2020-Current) Albion Therapy and Rehabilitation- Plymouth, Devon:

Working at Plymouth Albion Therapy and rehabilitation has meant working for Plymouth Albion RFC as a sports therapy intern gaining pitch side experience via unpaid volunteer work as well as paid work in the Sports Therapy Clinic treating players and clients with therapy and rehabilitation services, including soft tissue techniques, taping and strapping, exercises and rehabilitation programmes. Responsibilities included, customer care, personal and clinical hygiene, knowledge, treatment and health and safety of myself and clients, working one-to-one settings recording important and personal information and filing them correctly to keep the data confidential.

Sports Massage Therapist (07/2020- Current) Self-Employed- Paignton, Devon:

In July 2020, I started my own business as NLW Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation. For this job I rent a Sports therapy room in Paignton and work self-employed around my studies. This job requires me to promote my services via social media and provide soft tissue therapy techniques to those in need of it. This job has allowed me to develop my own style of therapy through organisation of clients notes, correct storage of them, maintenance of the room and equipment within the room and has really helped me to develop within this career. I assess injuries providing clients with a clinical impression and treat accordingly I have dealt with clients from ages 9-85 and take into consideration the red flags, contraindications of treatment and welfare of the clients varying in treatment requirements.

Duty Manager, TLH Leisure Resorts (2018-2020)- Torquay, Devon

I started this job as a Lifeguard and shortly after got promoted to Duty Manager where I had many responsibilities, overseeing 3 swimming pools, a spa, a gym and a reception each shift as well as providing first aid to 4 hotels on the complex during emergency situations to support other colleagues of lesser experience in first aid regulating cleaning and chemicals to help clarity of the water ensuring the well-being of lower-level staff and customers, working with sports equipment in the gym and pools, computers, booking systems and first aid/health and safety equipment with strict procedures to follow ensuring the workplace ran smoothly, dealing with any issues before they arise where possible and calmly and respectfully dealing with any situation that could not be prevented to the best of my ability.

Dominos Delivery Driver (Jan 2020-Mar 2020)- Plymouth, Devon

While studying at university, I worked as a delivery driver which helped me gain a lot of confidence within driving especially around the city during busy times. This job required me to drive to many different locations I had not been before approaching people’s houses with their orders, engaging in conversation with strangers which I found easy to do once I gained confidence in my responsibilities in the job. Other than this, I had to ensure in-store jobs were completed in preparation for the evening rush in between deliveries such as making boxes, cleaning dishes, restocking food products and organising storage deliveries.

Lifeguard Supervisor (2016-2017)- Splashdown@Quaywest, Paignton, Devon

During this occupation, I was responsible for the health and safety of myself, 9 lifeguards and up to 1800 customers throughout the summer seasons. I started this role as a lifeguard however, after 3 weeks of working for the company they saw strengths in my work ethic and decided to promote me. Usual responsibilities occurred ensuring cleanliness, organising lunch breaks, organising lifeguard rotations on time, first aid and customer care as well as patrolling the waterpark to ensure everything was in working order. A small section of this job required me to help reception with admissions once all lifeguards had been deployed to their stations with the correct equipment for the day.

SKILLS:

Injury Assessment, every day and Emergency First Aid, Customer Care, Strapping and Taping, Soft tissue therapy, Sports Massage, Communication, Health and safety of myself and others, Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation, Exercise Prescription, Organisation, Empathy, Determination, Integrity, Resilience and Minor Injury Treatment

REFERENCES AVAILABLE IF REQUIRED!