07/03/2020- Argaum Pitchside- Game-2hrs

During this session, I spent 2 hours pitchside during a game for the Argaum rugby club. The first injury of the game that required treatment was a shoulder dislocation unlike the player in the previous game, this player’s shoulder did not replicate itself and they listened to my advice to go to the hospital and have it relocated by a professional rather than doing it themselves. Another member of the team’s medical staff watching the game took the player to the hospital to get their shoulder relocated.

The next injury that required my attention was a nosebleed. This player has a tendency for getting nose bleeds but after taking a knock to the face this nosebleed was proceeding longer than the usual amount of time this raised concern and the player came off until the bleeding had stopped. After 5 minutes of timing the bleeding, we checked to see if a clot had occurred and the bleeding had stopped, not causing any further concern. 

The final time I had to go on the pitch during the game was to provide a player with an inhaler as they are asthmatic and were struggling with their breathing, once taking the inhaler their breathing returned to normal and they returned to play within seconds later.

Areas for improvement:

At the beginning of each game, any player that is asthmatic gives me their inhaler and it goes in the medic bag to be used when they need it. It does not seem to bother them as all of them are the same however, I see this as an issue as you cannot tell the difference between each inhaler. In the clubhouse, there are multiple colors of electrical tape that the players can use and for the next game, I will get each player to use a different color of tape so that I can tell whose inhaler is which and then can provide the players with their inhaler if they happen to need it.