04/01/2020- Pregame Placement-Argaum-1.5hrs

During this session, I spent 1.5 hours in the training clinic providing pregame treatment to any players that required it. The first two treatments of this session included massage treatment one of which was on the calf and the other on the hamstrings for a player who has been performing high intensity running training as well as rugby training and therefore needed a massage as part of maintenance, to help release tightness and tension in the muscles before the game, this massage was superficial and quick to warm the muscles using the hot balm, a massage lotion with a similar warming effect to deep heat. 

The second two treatments of this session were taping treatments where I performed taping of the wrist to help provide support to a player that lifts during the lineout and knee taping for a player with patellar mal tracking.

Areas for improvement:

The player that wanted taping for patella mal-tracking, wanted a specific way of taping utilizing both rigid tape and kinesiology tape as that is how they had previously been treated and felt it was most beneficial for them. This meant that I had to be told by the player the specific way of typing; however, if I had used my communication skills better I would have spoken with the other therapist and known this before having been asked to do it. This was a learning curve and all though I provided the treatment that was needed for the client I learned it is important to keep high levels of communication with the other professionals that I work with.