22/01/2020- Placement-PostGame- 1hr

During this session, post-game, any players that were injured during the game were taken back to the sports and health clinic where they are injuries were properly assessed and any players that potential head injuries were assessed and SCAT5 tests were performed. During this post-game treatment, session I had to fill out 3 first aid forms for the treatment that I had given on the pitch as well as 2 SCAT tests. The third SCAT test did not get completed on this occasion as the player was still in shock from their injury and therefore they were told to come back tomorrow to be assessed. 

Finally, taping of the hand and ice was issued to a player with a swollen hand to help reduce swelling so tests can be done to determine what kind of injury has occurred. 

Areas for improvement:

I have filled out first aid forms before however, this one required signatures from different people and witnesses, etc and was not like one I had filled out before so I was slow and found parts confusing, however, I asked my supervisor and got through all the first aid forms correctly.

Returning to reflections:

Returning to reflect upon this session, all 3 players assessed had a concussion and are now taking time out of the sport for their symptoms to be relieved and or disappear before they start their return to the play phase.

Three confidential first aid forms