15/01/2021- Marjon Clinic-Zoom Check in-1hr

During this session, I had a zoom call with a client I have been seeing and one of the supervisors from the clinic joined the call so that they could assess the client with me and help with the check in.

During the check in, the client stated they had improved overall, after doing the exercises they have been given by me they were able to feel less pain and an increased range of motion.  The wrist is hurting still and causing them pain, but they believe that is because of the exercises they are doing, and they feel they are doing too much with the increase in programme recently, so we decreased the exercises again to hopefully allow the client to perform the movements pain free and hopefully progress again soon.

The client discussed with us a new pain that they were experiencing in the heel which they described as “deep to touch”  although they have only just mentioned this pain they stated that they have had the pain for approximately 2/3 years when they mention this pain we gave them eccentric calf raises which have since not helped the client as they feel stiffness in the morning, which as a clinical impression I believe that this could be Achilles tendinopathy and therefore I issues some new exercises to help this client.

EXERCISES:

1. Sitting calf raises (NWB)
  2. Stretches first thing in the morning to warm the tendon up.
  3. Towel dorsiflexion

After the call with the client the supervisor called me back to discuss the session and how it went and debrief, she agreed with me on the clinical impression and agreed the exercises were good to give the client. We discussed the ways we could progress the exercises for the client. Overall, I got good feedback and handled the session well I do not feel as though I had any things to improve based off this session, but I will continue to research Achilles’ tendinopathy so that I can better help this client.