24/10/2020- Rugby 4 Charity Touch tournament- 9hrs

The tournament started at 9 am in the morning where we began testing all the players as they arrived for the tournament, everyone in attendance of the tournament had their temperature checked before setting foot on the grounds.

At 10 am, the games started to which we stood pitchside watching all the games and helping any players that got injured throughout.

During the tournament, we dealt with many injuries

1. Sprained ankle
  2. Hamstring tear
  3. ACL
  4. Eyebrow laceration
  5. Back injury
  6. Calf tear
  7. Quad tear

At 4 pm, I was in the treatment room performing a spinal exam for someone with Tx pain while the games continued outside after this examination, I went back outside to continue pitchside for the remainder of the tournament. At 6 pm, the tournament finished and we sat packed all the equipment away, got dry PPE on and sat and debriefed the tournament, discussed thoughts, actions, and future plans.

Strengths:

I had multiple strengths during this session, I am confident in pitchside work and first aid, which helped me excel at this tournament as some therapists had not been pitchside before, and therefore, I was able to help them and allow them to be more confident.

Weaknesses:

During this tournament, I do not feel as though I had any weaknesses, I was able to stay motivated, on task, and keep high energy morale while the weather was wet and cold, I managed to help others who had less knowledge than I did in the situation and managed to provide the correct first aid for each person who I was required to treat.

Once again, I aim to continue the way I am and keep making improvements throughout my work.