07/03/2020- Pregame Argaum Placement- 2hrs

During this session, I spent 2 hours providing Pre-Game treatment at Argaum rugby club to any players that needed it. The first 3 treatments included using K-Tape on the knee, and two players on the shoulder to help provide support and stability but without restricting movement. Shoulder taping is important to get right as if a player’s shoulder mobility is restricted they may not be able to use the correct technique when tackling which can cause them further injury and it is also important to ensure that they have a full range of motion before leaving the clinic once the taping has been completed this allows you and the player to assess the taping and adjust it accordingly.

The next treatment was a massage of the back, this player regularly comes down after training has begun due to their work schedule to get her back massaged. As the player is not playing, it allows me to work deeper into the muscles rather than working superficially like I would if they were to be playing today. After all, players that were playing had been treated, I massaged this player while they were having a team talk to ensure I was not away from the team while warming up.