Argaum Placement- 08/10/19- 1.5 hrs

During this session I was not treating players or pitchside at training, however, I sat with my supervisor going through the normal operating procedures (NOP) and emergency action plan (EAP) that the club follows. This is where I found out where I would be situated before the game and training sessions for pre-event treatment as well as postgame treatment and where any first aid equipment would be located. My knowledge of first aid was tested to prove that I was deserving of my certificate and that I would be able to be trusted to treat players if they needed it. This is where we ran through a few scenarios basic first aid and emergency action first aid such as using the defibrillator, how to insert airways and how to split certain areas including clearing of the C-spine.
During this session, I also got shown the location of the defibrillator in case it was needed, first aid equipment and kit bag and its contents for when I am using it pitchside.
I found this very beneficial for myself as it allowed me to show my skills, discover when anything I would be using was and the room in which I would be treating.

An action plan or further improvements:

I feel this session was all about learning where things were and showing myself as a first aider what I could do and therefore I do not feel as if I have any areas of improvement to be working on. This gave me a chance to recap what I have learned about first aid and I performed everything to a standard that my supervisor was very impressed. I do feel however, it is important from this day to keep up to date with my first aid skills to ensure I am always working efficiently and doing the best treatment for the players as possible.