Marjon Women’s Pitchside- Training- 13/01/2020- 2 hours

During this session, I went to the training session of the Marjon women’s rugby team and spent 2 hours pitchside in case any injuries occurred during this session. the warm-up included dynamic stretches and mobility work, running a lap of the pitch, a simple passing drill to get the players used to handling the ball and warm up the muscles involved and finished with a quick 10-minute touch game for a sport-specific activity to get the players ready for the rest of the session ensure all muscles being used are warmed up to help prevent injury during the rest of the training session. The injuries I dealt with included pain due to tightness in the hamstrings which I dealt with by helping the player stretch the hamstring using a MET of an SLR before they returned to the training session. 

The second injury that occurred was due to not being focused in the session and a bad tackle from one of the other members of the team resulting in the injured player hitting their head against the astroturf. They were advised not to return to training for the duration of the evening and to come to the clinic for signs of concussion testing to see if they were fit to play.

Areas for improvement:

During this session, I lacked confidence as this was the first session with the women’s team in a training situation. This is something I will be able to overcome as I get to know the team better and my first aid and treatments did not lack because of this.