13/05/2021- Albion Training-4hrs

13/05/2021- Albion training- 4 hours

For this session we started by doing the usual covid checks of all players and supporting staff to ensure we were operating in a covid safe environment. We then went into the treatment room to provide treatments for the players that required it, although many other treatments were done, I did a massage of the back, taping of the knee and massage of the calves during this session which are all treatments I have previously done, and the players have returned to get done following weeks.

We then stood in the gym to oversee the strength and conditioning side of the training session to ensure players were not getting injured and performing exercises correctly. We then moved to the pitch side portion of the training session where we had two players go down needing to be stretched off as they had not correctly done their warmups and the weather was cold leading to tight hamstring muscles and cramps and on player requiring their inhaler throughout the session but other than that we had no issues pitch-side.

Future improvements:

To better my knowledge it is important that I vary the treatments I am giving rather than seeing the same players each week however, treatment for players becomes almost ritual prior to training and games and when they play well after receiving a good treatment, they tend to stay with that therapist meaning that I end up doing the same treatments each week. Although a confidence boost that players are responding to the treatment, I provide in a positive way I need to be confident in giving treatment to players I do not regularly see and therefore I will be expanding my knowledge across the field however, that will come overtime and therefore to improve I need to be confident in myself and my abilities to treat clients as a professional in the field and not to doubt myself. This can be done just by showing I am confident to others and they will be confident in me too.