Argaum Placement- 01/10/10/19- 1.5hrs

During this session I turned up to my first training session with the team I will be completing placement hours with over the coming months. I met the team and went through the injury logs to see who currently had injuries, what rehabilitation programs were ongoing and what stages of the return to play process each injured player were at.
I also went through the injuries that each player has had and been through rehabilitation for during their time while playing for the club. this was so that if a player gets injured while I’m there I am able to see if they’ve had that injury before and if they have had any other injuries that could relate to why they have the recurring injury. this allows me to gain knowledge of the team I will be working with and when I am pitchside I have previous knowledge of each player and who to look out for with certain situations.

Areas for improvement:

1. Having the confidence to ask questions when I don’t understand something or are wanting to find out further information will help to improve my knowledge of the space I am working in and the people I am working with.
  2. I must try and not be so nervous, it will only hinder my performance as a therapist and therefore, I will not be able to take on tasks and do my job correctly.
  3. It will also help me if I increase my confidence when providing treatment as I have not done that yet it may be worth doing some revision before going to my first pitchside/training session as I will be able to treat each client better if I can increase my knowledge of injuries and treatments.

Action plan during my time at Argaum RFC