04/01/2020- Argaum Pitchside- Game- 2hrs

During this session, I spent 2 hours pitchside for the Plymouth Argaum Men’s rugby team. During his session, I ended up going on the pitch for 4 different injuries all varying in trauma level. The first injury that required me to go onto the pitch multiple times was a nosebleed. This player gets nose bleeds quite frequently and on this particular day they had around 3 nose bleeds over the duration of the game which was treated with gauze and the player chose to play on. The second injury of the session, was a dislocated shoulder, as the player went into a tackle, they dislocated their shoulder through the collision with the other player. Although the head of the humerus went straight back into the glenohumeral joint, the player came off as they were experiencing a high level of pain. One of the spectators took the player to hospital and we are yet to be updated on the injury
The third injury of the game included a taping of the knee of a previous injury. The player was experiencing pain as the strapping that they had done pre-game had come loose and they did not feel supported. The player went down and I went onto the pitch to tape them and they continued to play on.
The final treatment that I went onto the pitch for was to apply deep heat to a player who has a history of frozen shoulder.

Areas for improvement:

During this session, I was confident with all my treatments and with the way, I dealt with each situation. However, my knowledge of frozen shoulders was not entirely perfect and therefore I was unaware of what treatment would be best for this player. Luckily, they asked for deep heat and therefore that’s how I treated it. If my knowledge of this was better then I would know the best way to treat this injury. To improve upon this, I will do some revision at home to help improve my knowledge of different injuries.