03/03/2020- Argaum Placement- Training- 1.5hrs

During this session, I spent 1.5 hours in the injury treatment clinic at Argaum rugby club going through ROM actively, passive, and resisted ROM with the player that dislocated their shoulder during the previous game. I provided them with exercises and stretches to perform while at home away from training and playing to help strengthen the muscles. As this injury was still in the acute phase, the player and I sat down and discussed the action plan of their aims for rehabilitation, time-frame, specific targets and when to meet them by, when they aim t return to play and what progressions and post-rehabilitation exercises that can be done once the player has returned to play to help prevent the injury from occurring again. 

We also used the FMS kit to perform the shoulder mobility test to record a baseline score and recorded all the ROM exercises that caused the player pain with their personal rating of the pain out of 10 so we can retest shoulder mobility and pain rating as the program progresses to allow the player to see progress and have a sense of achievement throughout their recovery. 

Areas for improvement:

During this session, I felt that I did not have any areas for improvement I displayed knowledge of pathology, planned ahead, was confident and organized throughout the session as I had planned to see this client in advance and was able to list topics to discuss with the player and information to give to them to aid their recovery. This would be achieved more frequently if a booking system was put in place so I could know in advance when any players wanted to visit the training clinic for treatment.