Argaum Pitchside- Game- 2 hrs-19/10/19

During this game, one of the players got a knock to the head, there was no bleeding, no loss of consciousness and they passed the on-pitch assessment from the SCAT5 test and therefore they were cleared to continue playing and the referee allowed them to continue with play. during half time the player did a full SCAT5 test to ensure they had no signs of concussion. 

During this game, the opposing team did not have any medical staff or therapists with them so we had to provide treatment for the other team as well. one of the players on the other team took a knock to the head and went down, they didn’t lose consciousness and claimed to not feel dazed and that they did not have any abnormalities. however, due to not having any medical records or previous scat test for this player we pulled them off the pitch and they did not play again due to the referee’s final decision due to what looked like balance difficulties as the player could not walk on a straight line. A pitchside scat test was performed on this player to take back to the team physio when they got back after the game to compare to their baseline scat5 test and see if they need further medical care or not. 

Areas for improvement:

During this session, it was difficult being physio for both teams as I did not know the players however, it is essential to be confident within your decisions and today I was not. I allowed the other physio for our team to make the majority of decisions as I was not confident enough to do so myself this needs to change as there will be many times where physios do not travel with the team and therefore I will have to get used to this situation and be more confident about it.