09/01/2020- Argaum placement- Training- 1hr

During this session, I practiced my knee assessment process going through objective and subjective assessments. This player had an injury that I had not been told of before and to help me practice asked me to do an assessment to see if I could come to the correct conclusion of the injury. Going through the assessment, Lachman’s, Anterior drawer and Lelli’s lever sign test were all positive and therefore I concluded with an ACL injury, Which in fact it was. I feel this was great practice for me and really gave me confidence in my ability.
I finished the session with another maintenance massage for one of the players who was not training tonight providing the same treatment to the calves and the hamstrings as I did in the previous session.

Areas for improvement:

Although I managed to come to the correct conclusion on this assessment, the order in which I performed each task was correct such as observation, palpation, active, passive and resisted movements, the order in which I did each movement was not the best it could have been. The aim is to go through the movements to ensure as little movement from the client as possible so doing all the movements you can in one position and then move to the next. However, I did not have an order planned and therefore my client was constantly moving about. For future assessments, I must think of a way that will be most beneficial for an injured client with minimal movement and memorize it.