Argaum Pregame treatment-12/10/19-2hrs

The first 2 of today’s 5 hours were collected during Pregame treatment in the clubhouse treatment room. During this session I did not do any treatments for previous injuries, the only players that came to me were for tapping on the head and tapping on the upper leg. however, I was available in the treatment room for the duration of the two hours so anyone that needed further treatment before the game could have come in. The taping of the head was because the player had forgotten their scrum cap and needed their ears taped back to help prevent cauliflower ears, a condition most commonly in rugby players in the scrum due to the blunt trauma to the ears from rubbing against another player.
The second of the two tapings in this session was taping around the leg (thigh). This was to provide a grip for the players that lift them during a line out making the connection between the players more stable and the skill to be performed to a higher standard. This includes a layer of tape around a large portion of each thigh individually, adding a small block to the center of each quad and then taping it in place using tape anchors to secure each part. this will also help the players to lift the individual higher giving them a better chance of winning the line out.

Areas for improvement: 

1. The only tape available for the players was rigid tape, with was more than adequate, however, they had not come prepared and therefore the removal of the tape will be painful due to the pulling of the hair in the areas being taped. to overcome this I advised the players to buy a roll of under wrap and therefore when they need taping again they will not have the tape attached to the hair and the removal process will be a lot less painful. I will also get myself a roll of under wrap so when players forget there’s I have a backup to help me be more organized as a therapist.