29/02/2020- Argaum Placement- Post Game- 1hr

During this session, I spent 1-hour post-game going through a shoulder assessment on a player that dislocated and relocated their own shoulder during the game. After relocating their own shoulder, they described pain in the shoulder which would suggest an impingement of some sort, and therefore an assessment was in place. The player decided to play on after relocating their shoulder in the game and when assessing them post-game they were unable to perform active and passive ROM and therefore I stopped the assessment and told them to go to the minor injuries unit to get checked out and ensure they have not trapped and major structures in the shoulder by relocating the shoulder incorrectly.

Areas for improvement:

The player should not have returned to the playing field after dislocating their shoulder and as part of the medical team in charge of injury prevention and treatment for the team, I should have stopped the player from returning to play the rest of the game. In the future, if a player comes off the pitch for an injury I must try to get across my point of not playing on and injuring themselves further by emphasizing the importance of correct treatment and assessment.