Formative assessment feedback- 07/01/2020-MidPoint

The following document and information are feedback given to me in January of 2020 from my placement supervisors at Plymouth Argaum Rugby club. This was a midpoint assessment highlighting my strengths and weaknesses so far at the club and what they would like me to improve upon throughout the rest of my experience at this placement.

This link should take you directly to the official document however, the feedback can also be found below:

PARFC Formative assessment feedback

Formative assessment feedback

What are the student’s strengths?

• Natalie has made a good start to her placement integrating well into the team, she has a good bedside manner and a patient calm approach when carrying out consultations, she demonstrates enthusiasm and a willingness to learn in all aspects of the placement.
  • Natalie has developed her relationship with the other student sports therapist so that as a team they are ensuring adequate cover match days and for treatment nights whilst ensuring they meet their placement hours criteria.
  • If Natalie continues her placement and application of treatment this way she will have no issues with this placement moving forward.

What would you like to see the student concentrate on, or develop, in the remainder o their placement?

• Whilst in the clinic room Natalie comes across as a confident clinician, however, when pitchside, whilst she demonstrates great knowledge and understanding seems to doubt herself, knowing her previous experience with first aid this is unlike her, on the discussion it was agreed that this could be due to lack of exposure to this particular environment.
  • I feel Natalie would benefit from some further experience in this environment as well as undertaking some appropriate further learning i.e. Prehospital immediate care in sport courses to help develop her knowledge base and boost her confidence. Which, she tells me she will be competing as a third year, this would be most beneficial to her development.
  • Whilst this would be an area to develop its not an area of alarm as Natalie’s pitchside practice is good when put to the test, however, its a common theme with students, and Natalie has the capability to overcome this.

All of these improvements are what I aim to work on working towards my end of placement evaluation.